The ME Association is Britain’s first charity dedicated to people with M.E.
Our role is to help make the UK a better place for people with the disease by supporting patients and carers, providing education and information, and supporting and funding biomedical research.
We are looking for a freelance PR Manager to publicise the work and policies of the ME Association in the national, regional and local media.
The work involves writing press releases, liaising with journalists, setting up interviews, and reacting positively to any approaches from the media, other organisations, and individuals.
It can be intense and unpredictable. Flexibility in working hours is essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining an up-to-date data-base of relevant national, regional and local print, broadcast and digital media contacts.
- Developing and maintaining a 12-month communications forward planning calendar – marking dates that are media opportunities for the ME Association.
- Pro-active media activity (usually as a result of the forward planning activity), including the creation of press releases and pitching of those to media outlets/wires.
- Key Facts / Q&A for reactive media purposes covering key issues – new research releases, Biobank, NICE, PACE etc.
- Fundraising support. Focusing on regional and local media, and determining which are the best opportunities.
You will work closely with our medical advisor, social media manager, and fundraising manager, to help plan publicity strategies and campaigns.
The work is home based and you will be contracted to supply the services to the ME Association as a self-employed contractor.
You must have good computer skills and provide your own equipment. Ideally, you will have good knowledge of M.E., its politics, and research.
Hours of work will vary according to the demands of the position, but are likely to average around 10 hours per week.
Payment for services to be negotiated.
Please send details of your experience, educational qualifications, and an explanation of why you think you could do this work, to: email@example.com
Image copyright: christianchan / 123RF Stock Photo