Russell Fleming, Content Manager, ME Association
The ME Association is a national charity that supports, informs, campaigns, and invests in biomedical research into myalgic encephalopathy also known as chronic fatigue syndrome or ME/CFS.
We are seeking an experienced webmaster to join our team. You will be responsible for managing our web presence (www.meassociation.org.uk) ensuring that our site is always user-friendly and up to date.
You will need a knowledge of online security, content management, and ideally have coding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive draft content (stories, images, products etc.) from colleagues; check and format as necessary, and upload to website,
- Report to and meet with management regularly to discuss existing and future functionality,
- Monitor security and perform all necessary updates in a timely and appropriate manner to minimise downtime,
- Monitor and report all web traffic and produce a quarterly report with analytics to the Board of Trustees,
- Monitor trends in search optimisation and update content as appropriate,
- Repair broken links and fix reported bugs,
- Contribute to discussions to improve functionality and usability,
- Reply to user comments and queries in a timely and appropriate manner.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Solid experience in website management
- Knowledge of disability web compliance
- Working knowledge of WooCommerce and WordPress
- Excellent communicator and team worker
- Suitable computer with reliable internet connectivity
Working from home as a contractor providing a service to the charity, you will be paid £11per hour with an anticipated requirement of 10 to 12 hours per week but they may vary according to demand.
Hours are flexible and variable with an expectation that you will be contactable during normal office hours and prompt action on your part may be required. At the end of each month you will invoice the charity for the hours worked.
What to do next
Briefly explain (in no more than 200 words) why you are the best person for this role and send with a summary C.V. to: email@example.com
- Please title your application: MEA Webmaster
- The deadline is Monday 07 December 2020 at 5.00pm
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!
The ME Association is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all whatever their gender, ethnicity, age, or other attribute, and encourage all to apply.
The ME Association
Please support our vital work
We are a national charity working hard to make the UK a better place for people whose lives have been devastated by an often-misunderstood neurological disease.
If you would like to support our efforts and ensure we are able to inform, support, campaign, and invest in biomedical research, then please donate today.
Just click the image opposite or click here for one-off donations or to establish a regular payment.
You can even establish your own fundraising event on JustGiving.
ME Association Registered Charity Number 801279
Image copyright: 123RF/Mats-PeterForss