Russell Fleming, Content Manager, ME Association
The ME Association is a national charity that supports, informs, campaigns, and invests in biomedical research for people with myalgic encephalopathy also known as chronic fatigue syndrome or ME/CFS.
With an expanding demand on our services we are looking for a full-time, highly organised social media specialist and content creator with strong communication skills.
Full-time specialist role
The role requires a constant presence in order to respond promptly to announcements and queries and to share the charity’s own news with the ME/CFS community. Your accessibility and speed of response is a key feature of this role.
You will be working with an experienced team yet must be capable of working on your own. Ideally, you will have a good understanding of ME/CFS or a willingness to learn about the condition.
You will need:
- demonstrable experience of creating engaging content across a range of platforms (namely, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram),
- a suitable computer, with reliable internet connection, and familiarity with Canva (or an alternative) and WordPress (used for the MEA website),
- strong organisational skills to create and schedule content and high-impact discussions with engaging graphics, often working to tight deadlines,
- to demonstrate strong emotional intelligence in responding to and moderating messages and comments on social platforms from people with ME/CFS and handling key issues and concerns with empathy and sensitivity,
- to be capable of creating new ways in which key messages and campaigns from the charity can reach those most likely to be affected by them,
- the availability and capacity to answer enquiries within a short timeframe,
- to produce reports to the Board of Trustees with an analysis of social media performance, to help inform strategy and future resourcing requirements.
You will work from home. Your annual salary will be £21,320 and there will be a probationary period of 6 months.
The working hours are 35 hours per week to be completed between 9.00am to 5.00pm. It may prove necessary to work longer or different hours at particular times during campaigns or to cope with higher work volumes.
What to do next
Briefly explain (in no more than 200 words) why you are the best person for this role and send with a summary C.V. to: email@example.com
- Please title your application: MEA Social Media Specialist
- The deadline is Monday 23rd November 2020 at 5.00pm
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!
The ME Association is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all whatever their gender, ethnicity, age, or other attribute, and encourage all to apply.
Image copyright: 123RF/cifotart
The ME Association
Please support our vital work
We are a national charity working hard to make the UK a better place for people whose lives have been devastated by an often-misunderstood neurological disease.
If you would like to support our efforts and ensure we are able to inform, support, campaign, and invest in biomedical research, then please donate today.
Just click the image opposite or click here for one-off donations or to establish a regular payment.
You can even establish your own fundraising event on JustGiving.
ME Association Registered Charity Number 801279