MAY BE REPOSTED
I will be meeting Dr Paul Litchfield – the occupational health physician who has taken over the role of independent asessment of the Work Capability Assessment from Professor Malcom Harrington – along with other members of the Fluctating Conditions Group at DWP HQ on Tuesday afternoon this coming week
The agenda will focus on:
* How effectively the WCA identifies people who are fit for work, who have limited capability for work, or who have limited capability for work-related activity;
* The impact of earlier Independent Reviews;
* The way mental health conditions are considered in the WCA;
* Biopsychosocial factors that influence capability for work; and
* Whether the system needs improving and what changes are required.
Issues relating to DWP benefits are of major importance to people with ME/CFS. So if anyone has any comments or observations please post them here, or contact me directly via ME Connect (firstname.lastname@example.org) if more appropriate.
Dr Charles Shepherd
Hon Medical Adviser, ME Association