From the ‘Dear England‘ blog, 25 February 2011.
Amelia Gentleman wrote a wonderful article in the Guardian on 23rd Feb about the governments attempts to get rid of disability benefits, this journalist has been the recipient of a “ Amnesty International Press Award” and rather amusingly is married to ”Boris Johnson’s” younger brother Jo Johnson who is a conservative politician, don’t hold this against her.
She is looking for people who are willing to allow her to go along to a ESA assessment, I for one think this is a good idea as it would open up the assessment to outside eyes, I’m sure the DWP will have something to say about this If you tell them a journalist is going to accompany you but I seriously believe it would help rather than hinder your case.
If you wish to contact her then please email her directly –
I would just like to add that I believe she has attended one WCA/Work capability assessment.
If you have any luck then please let us know, good luck anyway….
- “Guardian Journalist wants to sit in on your ESA Medical” Can you help? (dearengland.wordpress.com)
- The need to protect the internet from astroturfing grows ever more urgent George Monbiot Environment guardian.co.uk(chimac.net)
- ESA & WCA Questionnaire (elpsych.org)
- ‘The medical was an absolute joke’ (guardian.co.uk)
- ESA attacks “flawed” game study before official release (news.bigdownload.com)