Making decisions together
The NICE Guideline on ME/CFS: Making decisions together
Decisions about care are best when they are made together. Your health and social care professionals should give you clear information, discuss all the possible options with you and listen carefully to your views and concerns. They should also:
- treat you with empathy and understanding and take time to build a supportive relationship with you and your family or carer
- help you make a plan to manage your ME/CFS that you have control of and can change as you need to
- ensure you understand the benefits and risks of different options so you can decide for yourself what is right for you
- provide support and information for your family or carer.
- If you can’t understand the information you are given, tell your healthcare professional.