We provide an assessment and rehabilitation service for people in York and North Yorkshire who have Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS). We offer comprehensive assessments and we then decide together on a treatment plan to meet your needs.
- We see adults with ME/CFS where treatable medical causes have been addressed.
- Assessments are with a Specialist Occupational Therapist or Special Interest GP.
- We offer group or individual treatment sessions, following the STEP Programme
- We accept referrals for people with mild, moderate and severe ME/CFS.
- We can provide sessions by telephone or Teams video call or face-to face.
- We have some capacity to offer home visits for people who are severely affected.
The STEP Programme
The STEP Programme helps you to understand the things that can affect your symptoms. It takes you through stages of stabilising and then when you are able to, we will support you with gradually increasing your activity levels. A qualified therapist will assess your needs and how you can use the programme to help your recovery.
The STEP programme has been designed to address all of the factors that can contribute to the dysregulated physiological responses that generate the symptoms of ME/CFS. More information about Dysregulation is available in the BACME Understanding Dysregulation in ME/CFS.