The Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Service:
- Adheres to the NICE Guideline (53) for ME/CFS
- Recognises and promotes the importance of early diagnosis and intervention
- Provides a Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine Led Assessment
- Provides intervention on a 1:1 and or group basis
- Assessment and Intervention takes place in our clinic setting or via home visit dependent on identified need.
- Medical Management
- Activity Management/Pacing
- Stress and Lifestyle Management incorporating Cognitive Behavioural Strategies
- Assessment, advice and onward referral for aids and adaptations.
- Support and advice to carers, relatives and other health professionals.
- Adults aged 18 years and over, 17 years if no longer in full time education or those aged 16 years that are considered by all agencies involved in their care to be better placed with adult services.
- The service is for residents who are registered with a GP in Wigan Borough.