Address: Molineux Street NHS Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1SG
Telephone: 0191 213 8823
Office hours: 8.15am – 4.15pm, Wednesday and Thursday; 9.00am – 12.45pm Friday.
“Our team provides individualised care for patients to:
- sustain or gradually extend their physical, emotional and mental capacity
- manage the physical and emotional impact of symptoms and loss of physical capacity.
“We offer Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Graded Exercise Therapy (GET) to people with CFS/ME. The team working with CFS/ME patients in our area has a range of experience, and includes:
- consultants in immunology, and infectious and tropical medicine
- clinical psychologists who carry out the initial psychological assessment, and works with patients whose condition has impacted on their physical and psychological wellbeing
- cognitive behavioural therapists
“We offer every person diagnosed with CFS/ME:
- acceptance and understanding
- help to negotiate the healthcare, benefits and social care systems
- help with occupational activities, including work and education.
“All residents in Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland can use the CFS/ME therapy service.”