The Big Give has supported over 15,000 charity projects, helping a wide range of amazing organisations raise money for their causes – and the ME Association has been no exception!
We support people with symptoms and a diagnosis of ME/CFS or Long Covid and help them understand and manage these debilitating medical conditions. We want to work with the NHS and social care providers to ensure that everyone receives the best healthcare available and to continue changing attitudes and improving lives.
With your help, we can develop strategies that bring positive change. We will:
- support people with ME/CFS and Long Covid and their carers by giving them with the skills and knowledge to increase the chance of stabilising symptoms, improving wellbeing and quality of life.
- work with NHS Integrated Health Care Boards, NHS Hospital Trusts, Healthwatch, and Social Care service providers to improve the standards of care for people with ME/CFS and implement the recommendations in the 2021 NICE Guideline on ME/CFS.
- continue to represent the community in discussions with the Government and support its aims to deliver an improved DHSC Delivery Plan on ME/CFS in 2024, monitor its effectiveness, and ensure it is effectively implemented.
- learn from the Count ME In Campaign that we completed in May 2023, so that we can communicate effectively with NHS and social care commissioners and service providers to promote the needs of people with ME/CFS and Long Covid, especially those who are severely and very severely affected.
- use the charity’s expert knowledge, to continue medical training and develop networks that help healthcare professionals improve their understanding of ME/CFS and Long Covid ensuring they can provide NICE-compliant services and a tailored approach to patient care based on individual need.
- If you are one of the wonderful supporters who pledged to the Big Give Christmas Challenge earlier this year, you cannot donate to the matched funding phase of the campaign. We will contact you to fulfil your promise later in the year.
- The matched funding campaign closes on Tuesday 05 December. Please only donate what you can comfortably afford.