Our Fundraising Manager, Helen Hyland, is rushed off her feet – and needs help.
Helen has grown the level of fundraising events for the ME Association to unprecedented levels and a large part of her work involves supporting our fundraisers.
That means getting covering fundraising events, challenges, adventures, and escapades in the local press, and perhaps further afield.
We are looking for someone who could use their skills to help fundraisers present their stories in a newsworthy way and approach the local press on their behalf.
The work entails:
- Interviewing fundraisers with sensitivity, tact and empathy
- Arranging for photographs to accompany stories.
- Writing copy for local newspapers, ME Essential and social media that tells their stories and highlights the impact of ME on their lives or the lives of their loved ones
- Supplying local media with your copy and checking that they have everything they need to run stories
- Working closely with Helen and liaising with the team that runs the ME Association.
You will need the use of a computer and be able to use Word and Excel and social media such as Facebook.
Expenses will be paid. Most of the work involved will be home based. We anticipate the work will require about 10 hours a week but this can vary according to the fundraising events at the time.
Working as a volunteer for the ME Association is hugely rewarding. We think you will enjoy it.
In the first instance, please write to Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about yourself.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Image credit: 123RF Stock Photo/Shannon Fagan