Full Membership is available to all adults with ME/CFS, carers and anyone with an interest in the disease. Annual membership costs:
- £18.00 (UK residents and BFPO)
- £24.00 (Mainland Europe including Republic of Ireland)
- £30.00 (Rest of the World)
Each full member is entitled to vote at our Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings.
“The ME Association has been there since I first became ill and given support when all else has failed. Its continuing presence is very important to me,”Member’s comment.
If you join by annual standing order, you can select up to Ten £1 leaflets for free from the largest stock of literature held by any M.E. charity in the UK.
In order to take advantage of this offer you will also need to download, complete, and return the Membership Application Form and complete the standing order declaration.
How to Join
You can join the ME Association and pay your subscription in several different ways:
- The easiest way to join is via the website shop where you can pay by debit, credit card, or PayPal.
- You can join by phone (01280 818963 between 9.30am and 3.00pm, Monday-Friday) and pay by debit or credit card,
- You can make a paper-based application by downloading the Membership Application Form, and pay by debit or credit card, cheque or postal order,
- You can also complete the Membership Application Form and pay by annual standing order (and select up to Ten £1 leaflets absolutely free).
When we have received your subscription, we will send you:
- A copy of the latest issue of our magazine, ME Essential,
- An information sheet: ‘Where to find benefits’,
- An information sheet listing a number of books which you may find helpful, and,
- If you have paid by annual standing order, your selection of £10 worth of free leaflets.
Together we can make the UK a better place for people with M.E.
From just £2.00 a month you can help support others affected by M.E.
As a member you will receive the excellent and exclusive ME Essential magazine delivered straight to your door.
We recognise that your personal endorsement of our cause is important and we will do all that we can to support the needs of our members.
We support, inform, campaign, and invest in biomedical research…
Subscriptions are a vital part of our charity income and – together with donations – they allow us to help make the UK a better place for people with M.E.
Moreover, the more members we have, the more representative we can be – which is especially useful when we take part in debates, we decide to launch a specific campaign or seek to raise awareness in Government or with medical authorities.
- Read the About section to find our more about the ME Association, what we do and why we do it.
You don’t have to be personally affected by M.E. to join the ME Association. Membership is available to carers, family-members, and anyone with a professional interest in the condition.
“If it wasn’t for the ME Association I don’t think I would have been able to move from being very severely ill to where I am today.”
“Members of the charity have been very quick to help me with problems and especially Dr Shepherd, as he is so busy and trying to do so much despite his own poor health. I’m very grateful to all the team.”
“I like and trust that many people working for the ME Association have first-hand knowledge and experience of M.E.”
“I like that it has regular medical input from Dr Shepherd, who seems like a reliable doctor with a thorough knowledge of ME and ongoing interest in current research.”
“The ME Association makes me feel less isolated. I believe that ME is real and physical, and I like that the ME Association is wholeheartedly behind research to prove this.”Member’s Comments.
- To learn more about the benefits of becoming a member, please visit the Membership page of this website.
The ME Association
Please support our vital work
We are a national charity working hard to make the UK a better place for people whose lives have been devastated by an often-misunderstood neurological disease.
If you would like to support our efforts and ensure we are able to inform, support, advocate and invest in biomedical research, then please donate today.
Just click the image opposite or visit our JustGiving page for one-off donations or to establish a regular payment. You can even establish your own fundraising event.
ME Association Registered Charity Number 801279