MEA place to go for details of NHS specialist services, says Government minister | 12 July 2016

The ME Association website has been named in Parliament as the place to go for information about NHS specialist services in the UK for people with ME/CFS.

The Minister for Public Health, Jane Ellison MP, had been asked in a written Parliamentary question how many clinical commissioning group areas provided specialist services for people diagnosed with myalgic encephalomyelitis.

On June 6, she told her questioner – Jamie Reed, MP for Copeland in Cumbria:

“The vast majority of services for people with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) are the responsibility of local clinical commissioning groups. The Department does not hold information about the configuration of local services. However, we understand that there a number of clinics that specialise in the treatment of CFS/ME around the country.

“The ME Association has published a list of these services, available at:


0344 576 5326

Available every day of the week between these times: 10am - 12noon, 2pm - 4pm and 7pm - 9pm.

Calls cost the same as other standard landline numbers (starting 01 or 02). If you have a call package for your landline or mobile phone then calls will normally come out of your inclusive minutes.