What can you claim in the way of benefits and tax credits? | 30 August 2013

August 30, 2013

Ever wondered what you, as a person with ME or CFS, may be entitled to by way of benefits and tax credits?

Our revised, 4-page leaflet on the subject is now available from our office, tel (weekdays only) 01280 818 968 (price £1). Or please use our 8-page Order Form which you will find at the bottom of this page.

It includes brief information on Employment and Support Allowance, the Personal Independence Payment which is being slowly introduced and Universal Credit, which aims to replace six state benefits over the next few years. A range of other benefits and tax credits are also discussed.

We hope to have a detailed MEA ‘guide to filling in the PIP form' available in the next few weeks – but it is not ready yet.

If you live in the Stockton-on-Tees, where PIP was introduced for new claimants earlier this year, the borough council's welfare rights officer will help fill in the form or deal with any appeals. She is also willing to visit severely disabled people in their own homes. Her contact details are:
Louise Lamont
Welfare Rights
1st Floor
Queensway House
West Precinct
Stockton on Tees
TS23 2YQ

Tel : 01642 526476
Fax : 01642 527414
Email: Louise.Lamont@stockton.gov.uk

Shopping Basket