Gargunnock is a tiny village in Stirlingshire. But what it lacks in size, it makes up for with spirit and endeavour. And this past festive season, it excelled itself, raising a fantastic £4,351.72 for The ME Association.
Fundraising began with collection boxes in the inn and village shop. But over last Autumn, more and more groups became involved until everyone, it seemed, was involved in some way or another. By the end, the village-wide fundraising campaign for The ME Association included:
– the Alternative Village Christmas card
– the Primary School's Church Christmas service
– Carols in the Kirk
– Gargoyles singing group (Christmas singing)
– Carol singing around the village
– David King's Edinburgh 10k
as well as my ‘in memorial' page for my late husband, Alan
I cannot thank my friends and neighbours enough for their splendid support for The ME Association.
So, Gargunnock, a wee village, that's true. But as you can see, there's plenty to do…