5.2.1 Use a multidisciplinary approach to guide rehabilitation, including physical, psychological and psychiatric aspects of management.
- Ensure that any symptoms that could affect the person being able to start rehabilitation safely have been investigated first.
- See also the recommendation on multidisciplinary rehabilitation teams in section 8 on service organisation.
5.2.2 Work with the person (and their family or carers, if appropriate) to develop a personalised rehabilitation and management plan that is recorded in a rehabilitation prescription and should include:
- areas of rehabilitation and interventions based on their assessment,
- helping the person to decide and work towards goals,
- how to manage and monitor their symptoms, taking into account that these may fluctuate, and what to do if symptoms return or change.
5.2.3 Provide extra time or additional support (such as an interpreter or advocate) to people who would benefit during their consultations.
5.2.4 Encourage people to keep a record of, or use a tracking app to monitor, their goals, recovery and any changes in their symptoms
- See also section 6 on follow up, monitoring and discharge.