In this leaflet we examine illness severity, explain how ME/CFS is officially recognised as a disability, and provide a useful disability rating scale that can help you explain your disability to others.
Topics discussed in this leaflet include:
- Defining Illness Severity in ME/CFS
- Very Severe
- Detailed definitions
- Is ME/CFS classed as a disability by the UK Government?
- The 2010 Equality Act Guidance
- The ME Association Disability Rating Scale
- Research References
- You might also like to read: ME/CFS – Prognosis, Permanency & Quality of Life
The ME Association telephone helpline – ME Connect – is available every day of the year, during the hours of 10am-12noon, 2pm-4pm and 7pm-9pm. Please phone: 0344 576 5326 if you have any questions or would simply like to talk to someone who is there to listen.
Please note this leaflet is a download. You can read it on-screen and save to your computer, phone or other device and can attach it to any email you might need to send. But you will need access to a printer if you wish it printed.