Disabled Facilities Grant


This leaflet tells you how to apply for a disabled facilities grant if you, or someone living in your property, has M.E. It also explains the eligibility criteria that will apply.


If you are disabled by M.E. and need to make structural changes to your home, you could be eligible for financial help from your local authority in the form of a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG).

The sort of changes that could be covered include: widening doors and installing ramps, improving access to rooms and facilities – e.g. by installing a stairlift or a downstairs bathroom, providing a heating system suitable for your needs, adapting heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use etc.

This free leaflet will explain how you can apply for the grant if you or someone living in your property has M.E. and the eligibility criteria that will apply.

Please note this is a download. You can read it on-screen and save to your computer, phone or other device and can attach it to any email you might need to send. But you will need access to a printer if you wish it printed.

If you prefer you can download the leaflet here without registering via the website shop.


0344 576 5326

Available every day of the week between these times: 10am - 12noon, 2pm - 4pm and 7pm - 9pm.

Calls cost the same as other standard landline numbers (starting 01 or 02). If you have a call package for your landline or mobile phone then calls will normally come out of your inclusive minutes.