In this leaflet we help address common questions about maintaining dental hygiene while ill with M.E. We also consider how to best manage mouth ulcers, anaesthetic sensitivity, and the role of antibiotics in dental practice.
- What is the best way to look after my teeth?
- When and how should I clean my teeth?
- What kind of toothpaste should I use?
- Sometimes I feel too ill to get out of bed. What can I do to clean my teeth?
- I thought mouthwashes were used to freshen breath. How can they help my teeth?
- What else should I think about to help care for my teeth?
- I suffer from severe M.E. and I am mainly bedbound. This means that I cannot visit the dentist. Would the dentist visit me?
- I suffer a lot with mouth ulcers. What can I do?
The ME Association telephone helpline – ME Connect – is available every day of the year, during the hours of 10am-12noon, 2pm-4pm and 7pm-9pm. Please phone: 0344 576 5326 if you have any questions or would simply like to talk to someone who is there to listen.
Please note: Once you have made payment and checked out from the website shop, you will receive a confirmation email containing direct download links to your leaflets. Click the links and you can read your leaflets on-screen and save to your computer, phone, or other device. But you will need access to a printer if you wish them printed.