In this free leaflet, we discuss the Covid-19 vaccination programme in the UK, the options available, priority listing, safety concerns, and choosing whether to have the vaccine if you are someone with ME/CFS.
Monday 4th January marked the start of the UK mass vaccination programme against COVID-19. The current aim is to vaccinate around 2 million people each week.
To start with, over the next three months, priority is being given to key workers and people who are far more vulnerable to the effects of COVID-19 due to either age (ie being over 70) or having an underlying health condition.
This free leaflet will be updated as the situation continues to develop. In it we discuss:
- Covid-19 vaccination priority and ME/CFS
- The safety of the Covid vaccines in general
- The safety of the Covid vaccines for people with ME/CFS
- Vaccine administration practicalities
- Making a decision whether to have the vaccine
- f you prefer you can download the leaflet here without registering via the website shop.
The ME Association telephone helpline – ME Connect – is available every day of the year, during the hours of 10am-12noon, 2pm-4pm and 7pm-9pm. Please phone: 0344 576 5326 if you have any questions or would simply like to talk to someone who is there to listen.
Please note this leaflet is a download. You can read it on-screen and save to your computer, phone or other device and can attach it to any email you might need to send. But you will need access to a printer if you wish it printed.