Website: The CFS/ME Service
Address: Golborne Clinic, Lowton Road, Golborne, WA3 3EG
Telephone: 01942 483680
“The Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis service provides specialist assessment, treatment, advice and support for adults who have a diagnosis of CFS/ME.
“Our interventions and approaches are aimed at helping the person concerned engage in education about the condition, understanding and accepting it and implementing strategies to best manage symptoms which predominantly involves the following:
- Managing energy more effectively by learning how to pace and grade all daily activities including the Cognitive, Emotional, Social and Physical demands of the same
- Learning to punctuate the day with qualitative rest
- Learning to communicate with oneself and others in a way that does not result in pushing beyond available energy levels
- Advice about disturbed sleep
- Dietary considerations
- Environmental assessment where identified as a need
- Pharmacological intervention where identified
- Engaging in graded exercise
- Support to return to the workplace and or education
- Support and advice to carers and other agencies including other health professionals
- Relapse management
- Onward referrals to other agencies where identified as a need.
“The Team adopts various approaches in the delivery of the above which predominantly involves the use of:
- Activity analysis
- Cognitive Behavioural Strategies
- Person centred counselling skills
- Facilitation of normal movement and the use of compensatory strategies where identified.
“The team values the views of clients regarding service provision and development.”