Website: Persistent Physical Symptoms Service
Telephone: 01768 245954
You need to:
- live in North Cumbria
- have physical symptoms that are stopping you from living a happy, healthy life and that have lasted for at least 6 months.
GPs, medics or physiotherapists can refer people into this service.
Is PPSS right for me?
If you say “Yes” to many of the questions below, then our service may be able to help you. If you would like to be referred to our service then please discuss this with your GP. They will be able to refer you to us.
- Have you been experiencing Persistent Physical Symptoms for more than six months ?
- Have you been given a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME), Persistent (Chronic) Pain, Fibromyalgia, Functional Neurological Symptoms (including non-epileptic seizures), Medically Unexplained Symptoms or Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- Have you had medical investigations and treatments which haven’t really helped you to manage your symptoms?
- Do you feel your symptoms are stopping you from living life the way you would like to?
- Are you suffering from low mood as a result of the impact the symptoms are having on your life?
- Are you having to stop taking pain medication, or would like to stop?