Website: Living with Pain and Fatigue Service
Address: Rusholme Health Centre, Walmer Street, Manchester, Manchester, M14 5NB
Telephone: 0161 271 0801
“The service (formerly known as Chronic Fatigue Programme) offers a supported self-management programme for individuals who have a confirmed diagnosis of a long term physical health condition where persistent fatigue and/or pain are the main problems (onset of more than six months).
“For example, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Musculoskeletal Conditions, Chronic Pain.
“The programme supports individuals to build skills and confidence to manage and adapt to living with fatigue and pain, and is tailored to the individual’s goals, values, lifestyle and roles.
“The service can offer an assessment appointment and up to five individual sessions initially, followed by an eight week mindfulness course, if appropriate, specifically orientated towards living with pain and illness.
“We are a small team of Occupational Therapists and accept referrals for people with a diagnosis of CFS/ME who are registered with a Manchester GP. We offer:
- A personalised approach to management
- A combination of individual sessions (up to 5) and an 8 week mindfulness for health course
- We can provide support with building skills and confidence in:
- Grading activity, activity management, and pacing
- Relaxation and quality rest
- Sleep hygiene
- Managing setbacks and relapses
- Learning to relate differently to thoughts, emotions and physical sensations experienced through the practice of mindfulness
“Following the course, individuals can opt-in to attending a monthly drop-in for 12 months and have a telephone review at six months and 12 months, followed by discharge from the service.”