Raffles are a popular way to raise funds, perhaps with the prizes being donated by local shops and businesses etc.

All raffles must be registered, with the exception of private raffles (i.e. those where only The ME Association members take part) or raffles incidental to an exempt entertainment (i.e. the lottery is held at a dance, a fête, sale of work etc., where the tickets are sold only on the premises and the draw is made at the event itself).

Registration is done through your Local Authority or, if you are expecting to collect a lot of money, the Gambling Commission. You will find that an individual must be named as the promoter and that you cannot register in the name of an organisation.

If you wish to promote a raffle or lottery and donate the proceeds to The ME Association, please contact us for further information first.

Shopping Cart