- Do you have ME/CFS and live in England? Are you 18 years or older?
- Are you currently receiving care from a mental health professional?
- Would you like to participate in a research project about the needs of people with ME/CFS and best practice in professional care?
If your answers are yes to these questions, the ME Observatory would like to hear from you.
This research is being conducted by the National ME Observatory, which is a research collaboration between three university research teams which is being paid for by the Big Lottery Fund.
The research aims to help plan services to meet the needs of people with ME/CFS.
The team involved is interviewing people who have many different experiences with health and social services. They are videotaping clinical consultations with a range of different health professionals who have treated people with ME.
They have already recruited people for videotapes of consultations with most categories of health professionals but we still need to videotape consultations with mental health professionals.
Participation will involve:
- one interview with a researcher (maximum one hour, in your home or other convenient place).
- a videotape of one clinical consultation between you and the mental health professional who is currently treating you.
Please contact Dr José Leite, Project Coordinator
Tel: 01603 593098 Mobile 07747 666362
School of Allied Health Professions, University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ